To keep your brain as healthy as possible, be mindful of these six habits that could speed up your brain loss:
2. Lack of Sleep: Research supports people who experience disrupted sleep have a smaller brain mass than those who get longer and solid sleep.
3. Alcohol: Even moderate drinking has been linked to shrinkage in areas of the brain associated with cognition and learning.
4. Inactivity: A sedentary lifestyle can reduce brain volume over time, especially as you age, impacting your ability to think well and recall information.
5. Processed Foods: Highly processed foods (high in sugar, salt and fat) can negatively affect the way your brain builds memory and functions.
6. Smoking: Smokers have thinner cerebral cortexes, an area of the brain that plays a role in memory, language, and perception.
A healthy lifestyle which includes eating the right foods and daily exercise will not only promote brain health, but will also add quality years to your life.
And of course, Chiropractic care has been proven to improve your overall health and well being.
Get regular chiropractic checkups for the whole family, and make sure your spine and your brain are working the best they can.
Your health will be better because of it.
And that is this week’s Family Health Minute.
To get your health and life back,
Contact us at:
Dr Nicole Bernic
51 Galloway Avenue