Though the spread of the Corona Virus is of great concern, it is important to remember that in most cases, patients recover fully and that in majority of cases, the symptoms and effects are no worse than those experienced by someone with who has a cold or “normal” flu.
The best weapon to combat the COVID-19 virus, as with any flu begins with building a strong immune system and maintaining good hygiene practices.
Chiropractic adjustments are imperative in creating homeostasis within the nervous system ensuring optimum parasympathetic functioning to maximise healing and repair.
Research has shown that regular chiropractic adjustments increases the levels of a specific signaling molecule in the body called Interleukin-2 which regulates the activities of white blood cells and enhances the function of the immune system.
Our focus is therefore to strengthen your body to better protect you from all infections including COVID-19.
Having said that we have been monitoring the spread of the virus and would like to assure you that we are following the guidelines and advice provided by the World Health Organisation, the South African National Institute for Communicable Diseases and the Chiropractic Association of South Africa.
As always, we are maintaining a high standard of hygiene within the practice, but in an effort to ensure everyone's continued health, we are implementing further infection control measures and would appreciate your assistance.
- Please could we ask that you sanitise your hands on entering the practice. Be assured that we are all washing and sanitising our hands regularly throughout the day.
- Please don’t think us rude if we don’t shake your hand.
- If you, or anyone you have been in contact with, has travelled overseas recently, please let us know when making your appointment. It has been advised that all people who have been travelling or have been in contact with those who have travelled, remain in isolation for 14 days.
- Surfaces including the beds and equipment are sanitised between patients.
- To reduce the risk of spreading infection, we have packed away the toys in our waiting area.
- “The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually.” – https//www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses? To be on the safe side, should you be experiencing any of these symptoms, please contact us to reschedule your appointment.
A positive outlook and managing feelings of fear and avoiding the misinformation relating to the spread of the virus, will go a long way toward maintaining your good health.
If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to discuss them with us.
We look forward to continuing to assist you to Get your Life Back.
Fourways Chiropractic Team